on being a scanner?
I’m still INFJ classified (more about that).
On top of those attempts I’ve been a:
- Waitress: Awful. Forgot and mixed up orders, too chatty. Fired.
- Script Editor: Really awful. It was monotonous and boring. Junkets – ugh!
- Airplane Parts Salesperson: Horrible. Sales and I are like water and oil.
- Telemarketer: Why oh why was this ever invented?
- Amway Rep: Egypt. That’s all I have to say about that.
- Carpentry Apprentice: Lots of fun. Still an option.
- Property Manager: Not awful, if you have good tenants. Otherwise, ugh!
There are many other things I’ve tried and through my business, with the permission of many of my clients, have been allowed to participate in the manufacturing of their products or the execution of their services in order to gain a deeper understanding of how they generate income. It would not be unreasonable to say I have been a professional job shadower.
I’ve read that the scope of my approach could be considered scanning. Maybe it’s a synaptic brain malfunction of sorts. Maybe there is some hidden and deep-seated fear of homelessness that drives me to ensure I will be equipped to do absolutely anything to prevent that. I really don’t know.
My feel good definition is ‘sampling’. I’m still pretty hungry.
What am I grateful for?
~ Not quite definitely knowing what I want to be when I grow up. It makes this journey so much more exciting.
~ Knowing that something truly unique is brewing from all of these experiences.
~ Letting go of ‘hiding’ this part of myself due to shame at the appearance of instability. Letting go of denying that this is who I am and embracing it for whatever it is.